Oasa Surroundings - 2017



I have known this place since I was a little girl of 5-6 years old, and it is always a joy for me to come back here, where I first laid my eyes on the wilderness of the mountains and experience the power of nature. The smell of the forest and of the fir trees, the scent mushrooms and of mossy bark, all have remained in my memory ever since. I used to stare at the trees, wondering whether they were real or perhaps painted on a divine canvas, as the fir trees from my grandmother's paintings.  Her pictures decorated our house and this is how a city girl ever saw a forest - through a painting - that is why the real, overwhelming beauty of the place seemed unreal to me. 




It was a pleasure to rediscover the old camper vans where people from all over the country used to stay here for a weekend or even for a whole week in the '90s still exist, and in good condition even today.







Cerbul - The Stag Chalet
The old chalet Cerbul (= the Stag) has been renovated and this time, it was much cozier and warmer than before, in those days of childhood.

Oasa Monastery
Oasa Monastery -  a nunnery back then, with a very energetic Superior mother, has become a monastery of monks. It has been extended over time and it can receive more guests now.



Oasa Monastery







The lake has remained the same, but for me, it mirrors many more memories than before.